Monday, June 7, 2010

Grilled Stuffed Zucchini



Grilled Stuffed Zucchini - Vegan With Quinoa

I used the following recipe to prepare and grill the zucchini - Our Best Bites -



But for the actual stuffing - I made the following:

Chop the following and dry saute - Use appropriate amounts - I made 5 zucchini - sliced - so 10 total - Used about 1/3 of each of the following vegetables -

Red - Yellow - and Orange Pepper (You could use any combination to make 1 pepper)
Sweet Onion
Leek
2 - 3 Cloves Garlic
1/4 Cup Quinoa - (I mix black, red and white) - and toastChop the zucchini you scooped out and add it to the above mixture. Because the zucchini has so much liquid in it - when you cook the Quinoa you have to be careful not to add to much liquid because of the zucchini - (thats what I did) - Normally you would add about 3/4 to 1 cup of liquid - but reduce accordingly. Next time I make this, I am going to soak the quinoa for a few hours first - as the black and red seem to be more difficult to cook.

Add the mixture to the grilled shells above and grill for about ten minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You